Monday, June 9, 2008

I Made It To Istanbul

And what a great trip it was. When I arrived in Amsterdam there was no time between flights to sightsee so I left through customs, getting my passport stamped, and walked outside. I made it back to the gate just in time to board and even got a short nap on the flight in to Istanbul.

Ishmael was waiting, holding a sign that read "Lory Nelson" and drove like a madman to the hotel Sogut (so goot), it's beautiful! I am in the lobby right now, having tea (che') and listening to the Imam call everyone to prayers.

The rest of the group was far, far away enjoying the city and will be back soon so we can all go to dinner together. I will try to post pictures tonight...it's 5pm here and 9 am at home. Looking forward to eating until I am sick.....

No comments: